We share some basic diet tips for diabetics, we also recommend that you always consult your doctor if you want to make a change in your daily diet.
Diabetes is a disease in which the levels of glucose (sugar) in the blood are very high. If you or a family member suffer from this disease, it is best to follow these basic eating tips.
HOW IS DIABETES CONTROLLED?
The level of glucose in the blood can be controlled effectively through a proper eating plan, maintaining weight, exercising and following medical treatment.
BASIC EATING TIPS FOR DIABETICS
The meal plan must be individualized to meet the needs of each person. However, there are general guidelines for controlling blood glucose levels. Take note!
1. Avoid consuming simple sugars such as sodas, cookies, jams, honey, and sweets. It would be advisable to replace them with products made with artificial sweeteners.
2. Moderate the consumption of flours: bread, tortillas, rice, pasta, cereals, legumes.
3. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at regular times. Try to eat similar amounts every day. Your discipline will be essential at this point.
4. It is forbidden to stop eating during the day. Avoid "skipping" your food.
5. Balance the amount of food with the physical activity that is done. If possible, ask for help from your GP to determine what is best for you.
6. Watch your weight. Keep track of the kilos you gain or lose. Share any radical alterations with your doctor.
7. Eat less saturated fat and foods high in cholesterol.
8. Select lean cuts of meat and do not abuse their consumption.
9. Choose low-fat dairy products: low-fat milk and yogurt, fresh cheeses such as panela, cottage cheese, Cottage and Oaxaca.
10.Say goodbye to the intake of foods prepared with lard and butter.
11.Use less salt when cooking, in addition, consume foods rich in sodium with measure.
12.12.Moderate the consumption of canned products: seasoning juice, instant soups, mineral water, cold cuts and salty snacks.
13.Eat foods rich in fiber.
14.Include a wide variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables. Keep in mind that legumes and whole grains are rich in fiber, but high in carbohydrates.
15.It is very important that your alcohol intake is moderate.
These basic diet tips for diabetics are general, so we recommend that you always consult your doctor before making a change in your daily diet.
Blood sugar spikes often occur in those with diabetes, as their body cannot process glucose properly. Many factors can cause your blood sugar to rise other than the types of foods you eat. The types of drinks we consume, the medications we take, and our physical condition all affect blood sugar levels.